We are recruiting on a temporary basis a PA within an educational establishment. The main purpose of this role is to provide an efficient and effective administrative support function for a senior faculty member where you will have an important part in liaising with the Faculty Executive.
The role involves overseeing administrative processes and systems to facilitate the smooth running of the faculty, providing the interface between the school and the faculty. Working closely with and taking direct instructions from the Dean; the role holder is expected to offer executive level support that will entail access to sensitive and restricted information. You will provide a first point of contact for enquiries from both internal and external stakeholders. Assisting in prioritising - including referring requests to other senior managers where appropriate to do so; proactively managing their diary and emails; organising meetings and committees.
- Organise meetings, organising venue, developing and distributing agenda, taking and writing minutes, bring forward papers and to log actions
- To support with monitoring and overseeing financial information. Raising purchase orders, travel arrangements, new suppliers and invoice processing
- Support with HR functions related to recruitment and induction, organising appraisal meetings and co-ordinating appraisal outcome reports. Collate and document staff sickness, annual leave and research leave for the Deans direct reports
- To work closely with the relevant Service Heads and in liaison with departments across the wider organisation ensure that new and developing opportunities are appropriately supported
- To oversee the professional and efficient running of staff administrative processes and data to ensure an excellent provision of service to staff across organisation
Hours of work are 8.30am-4.30pm or 9.00am-5.00pm 4 days per week.
New Appointments Group, Expertly Matching Employers and Jobseekers since 1975. Committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all.