North Central IL
2 hours to downtown Chicago and St. Louis
Population of 115,000 and service area about 450,000
FM, General Surgery & Psych Residency Program, Geriatric Fellowship - There are 11 Residency programs in town
- Seeking a pediatric and congenital heart surgeon for appointment at the Assistant or Associate professor level.
- Surgeon will join the team of a well-established Congenital Heart Center with over 35 years of success in the region.
- Clinical and academic efforts will be supported by 10 board certified Pediatric Cardiologists including specialists in electrophysiology, fetal echocardiography, interventional catheterization, cardiac imaging, and adult congenital heart disease.
- Cardiac surgery program is supported by a team of pediatric critical care intensivists, including specialized pediatric cardiac intensivists providing 24/7 in-house PICU coverage. Additional supporting staff includes a team of advanced nurse practitioners, pediatric perfusionists, pediatric cardiac anesthesiologists, and a dedicated cardiac surgical OR team.
- This program participates in the STS Congenital Heart Surgery Database and the World Database of Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery as well as the ELSO registry. STS Congenital database outcomes are publicly reported.
- This program is an institutional member of the Congenital Heart Surgeons Society.
- The cardiac surgical volume averages over 200 total operations per year and maintains a greater than 97% overall discharge survival rate.
- Currently the only Adult Congenital Heart Association accredited ACHD program in the state of Illinois.