Healthcare System is currently recruiting for a full-time Child Psychiatrist to support the active duty and dependents in the National Capitol Region.
Industry Challenge: Psychiatrists across the Country are struggling with the volume of daily episodes of care required by their employers to help make the revenue model work for their organizations. Reimbursements are such that throughput levels need to be elevated to points that begin to decrease the quality of care physicians can provide.
With us, there are no revenue targets or managed care pressures. Our practice model is designed to offer Behavioral Health professionals an opportunity to deliver high quality healthcare for their patients. Also, this facility is well supported by senior practice managers, strong ancillary department leadership, seasoned RN and technician support staff, and great access to a wide range of medical specialists at Fort Belvoir Community Hospital as well as Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
- We offer a practice model that pays competitively from a patient volume perspective
- We offer work/life balance and flexible scheduling
- We provide a high quality care environment with clinical outcomes as our priority
- Our model is sheltered from the revenue and financial pressures (and associated practice hassles) of commercial medicine
- Outpatient setting
- Average of 8-10 patients per day
- Consistent and predictable pay
- Largely telephone on-call. Will be available for the chief resident for consultation
- The psychiatrists really are like 3rd call, in that a therapist will evaluate the patient and contact the resident to determine if the patient can be admitted to one of the BH units. The resident will then be in communication with the psychiatrist. During the week, this communication occurs over the phone. On the weekends (and holidays), the resident and the psychiatrist will round on the inpatient units together. The child psychiatrist will round on the inpatient adolescent unit and the adult psychiatrist will round on the inpatient adult unit and residential treatment facility (substance abuse 28 day unit). Psychiatrists are on call 1 week at a time and currently are on call about once every 4-6 months.
This Opportunity Offers:
- Full-time, 40 hours per week Monday through Friday
- Focus on providing medical care, not running a business and managing staff.
- No insurance hassles or bad debt