At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Business Banking, we provide comprehensive depository, cash management, and lending services to businesses throughout our communities. While our clients are diverse, we are focused on meeting the needs of professional service firms (doctors, lawyers, accountants, investment managers and consultants of all kinds) as well as those in the following industries: Private Equity, Venture Capital, Technology, Wineries, Aviation and Marine, and Non Profit Organizations. As a Business Banking team member at First Republic, you will work directly with clients to identify their banking needs and financial goals in order to deliver tailored solutions for their businesses as well as their personal banking and wealth management needs.
Common goals, uncommon potential
The Portfolio Quality Analyst ("PQA") will assist the Business Banking Group in the preparation of loans for approval and documentation as well as manage the ongoing collection of financial reporting and monitoring covenant compliance of borrowers. The PQA will assist the Business Banking Group with all day-to-day loan portfolio operations such as financial analysis, documentation and origination. The ideal candidate will have one year of banking experience and a basic understanding of commercial financial information and loan documentation. Due to the complexity of the transactions, attention to detail and the ability to work under tight deadlines is important.
What you'll be doing as a Portfolio Quality Analyst:
- Assist the Credit Analysts & Business Bankers by preparing the basic CLO and LoanVantage data records.
- Obtain and review borrower and guarantor formation documentation (inclusive of ordering certificates of good standing) to prepare and manage loan files for submission to Executive Loan Committee ("ELC").
- Work with clients to satisfy compliance requirements unique to each loan agreement. This will include monitoring, obtaining, and evaluating financial reports provided to ensure financial requirements are met.
- Work with internal partners to complete Enhanced Due Diligence on new borrowers and guarantors.
- Prepare and manage loan files for submission to ELC, Commercial Closing, and external counsel.
- Work with the appraisers, environmental professionals and title companies to assist in the commercial real estate due diligence process.
- Assist the Credit Analysts & Business Bankers on ad hoc projects
- Be or become proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Adobe), OSI, AFS Level III, CLO, OnBase, LoanVantage, AFS RM Tools, Preqin, Bisys, and Moody's.
- Monitor loan maturity report and alert Business Bankers and Credit Analysts of upcoming maturities and process short-term maturity extensions requests as needed.
- Develop the ability to spread business financial statements, personal financial statements and individual tax returns.
- Local Manager may require additional duties unique to a team's geography, industry focus and other responsibilities which best utilize a candidate's skill-sets.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Bachelor Degree; banking and lending work experience of at least 1 year
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong process flow and prioritization skills
- Collaborative Team Player
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Provides extraordinary service
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word / MS Outlook / MS PowerPoint/ MS Excel
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Adobe), and familiar with OSI, AFS Level III, CLO,
- OnBase, LoanVantage, AFS RM Tools, Preqin, Bisys, and Moody's
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You'll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability - that's the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.