** This position is eligible to work in a hybrid work model (combination of in-office and remote days). ** JOB SCOPE
This is a challenging opportunity to provide operational and escalation support to Charter Spectrum CBO Support Center. The engineer will join a team responsible for 24/7 management and operation of all Core, Backbone, and Data Center routers and switches, in addition, the optical equipment our services traverse. The candidate selected for this position will use their network knowledge and background to apply technical expertise in maintaining standards and advanced troubleshooting across Charter's National footprint. Candidate must be flexible to work different shifts as escalation coverage is needed in a 24x7 operations center. They will also work with other departments such as Regional Implementation, ISP, and Principal Engineering, along with vendors (Cisco and Juniper) to manage, maintain and improve the operations and environment of the core networkDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Responsible for documentation, design, technical support, and guidance to supporting verticals to ensure project success and completion.
- Assigned the most complex and critical projects that involve several technical systems and partners.
- Designs, implements, monitors, enhances and troubleshoots systems in assigned areas
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary
- Tests and reviews system designs
- Leads in network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
- Mentors and guides the work of technical staff and sister verticals.
- Reviews work plans and designs and advises on improvements
- Adhere to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or related work experience
- Minimum eight (8) years of engineering work experience
- Minimum three (3) years of project management experience
- IPv4, IPv6, IGP (ISIS/OSPF), BGP, MPLS, Multicast, QOS, MPLS VPNs, Strong IP routing and switching experience desired
- Scripting/automation and Excel experience is a plus
- Cisco, Juniper vendor platform experience
- Ability to produce MOPS and BOMS
- Advanced knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Singlemode Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, Ethernet and transport technologies and protocols
- Experience with network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
- TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Advanced knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations
- Experience with network devices and basic network appliances
- Strong experience with network designing software, such as Visio
- Basic knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Fiber (Multimode, Single mode, UTP, etc.), Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocols
- Basic knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology, TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations, network devices, basic network appliances, and network designing software, such as Visio
#LI-Hybrid EGN601 322975 322975BR
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or Juniper Networks Certified Support Professional (JNC-SP)
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training preferred (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc)
Here, employees don't just have jobs, they build careers. That's why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a salary range of $107,600.00 to $191,200.00
. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.