**This position is eligible for a minimum $30k Sign On Bonus**
**Sign On Bonus is not permitted for internal candidates**
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges - together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
Whole Life Engineering (WLE) is responsible for ensuring our products are Safe, Reliable, Maintainable and delivered on time. WLE consists of multiple disciplines that support engineering, our program offices and our customers. Our WLE disciplines participate in the total life cycle of our products from conception to deactivation. Our focus area is product support, including the following disciplines: Reliability System Safety and Supportability.
The Reliability Engineering Team supports Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD) programs by pursuing synergies between the technical disciplines. Our responsibilities include creating the optimal design in terms of Performance, Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability per dollar invested. We support new design proposals for our customers as well as provide support for manufacturing and existing and/or fielded programs.
We are looking for a Principal Reliability Engineer to join our Reliability team located in Tucson, AZ. Your overall responsibilities will Include:
- Conducting Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability (RAM) analyses
- Performing Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analyses (FMECA)
- Interpreting data and analyzing results
- Supporting Failure Review Boards (FRB)
- Supporting the proposal process in developing Basis of Estimate (BOE) for reliability work
- Other grade-consistent duties as assigned
This job is posted as HYBRID, with a combination of onsite and remote work. Commuting costs to and from the Tucson facility are the responsibility of the incumbent.
We value diverse skills and experience, so don't hold back. Your qualifications could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you're passionate about what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Reliability Engineering work
- Missile Defense Program-Related work
- Writing Proposals
- Submitting bids
- Conducting Analyses as listed above
Domestic & International travel may be required - limited durations (approximately 25% domestic and 10% international)
Qualifications You Must Have:
Typically Requires: Bachelor's degree and 8 years of relevant experience OR an advanced degree in a related field and minimum 5 years' experience OR in absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required.
- Experience with Reliability Engineering (including reliability analysis, failure investigations, and/or root cause/corrective action (RCCA))
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. US citizenship is required as only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Knowledge of FMECA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Functional Knowledge of statistics or using statistical packages for data analysis (e.g. Excel)
- Ability to develop solutions to technical problems
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented; ability to perform in fast paced, deadline driven environments with constantly changing priorities
- Strong and effective organizational skills with ability prioritize tasks; ability to respond efficiently and effectively to time-critical issues
- Ability to follow defined processes, in compliance with regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong experience working on a team
- Expertise in MS Office Products
What We Offer: Whether you are just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits on offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This job is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Recognized as one of America's 10 Best Small Cities, Tucson has a friendly, laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region.
Surrounded by beautiful mountains, the colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson showcases some of nature's best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, this fantastic weather allows residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
This job is posted internally as: Principal Engineer, Reliability Engineering
This requisition is ERIP Eligible. Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the Referral Award
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.