Procurement & Compliance Manager South Yorkshire up to £51,293 Your new companyAre you interested in contributing and helping shape the future of the worlds energy? If so, read on. This organisation is at the forefront of shaping carbon free energy that our world so badly needs, working with industry and research partners to deliver the ground breaking developments that will underpin tomorrow's fusion power stations with the aim of bringing this energy to the grid.Your new roleAn excellent opportunity has arisen for a procurement and compliance manager to lead and manage compliance with Public Sector Policies and directives reporting to the Head of Procurement. It is important that you have a good procurement strategic knowledge and experience as well as critical thinking and ability to adapt and develop new strategies. This role supports the Procurement Managers and the wider team on compliance with Cabinet Officer, BEIS and Public Contract Regulations 2015. You will be required to work closely with the internal and external stakeholders to achieve Procurement Policy best practice and represent the organisation with BEIS and Cabinet Office.Main Responsibilities include;
- Working and coordinating with the Procurement team and managers and stakeholders to achieve Procurement Policy best practice
- Delivering the Procurement service in line with the Procurement strategy, organisation strategies and objectives to the appropriate standard and legislation. This requires building relationships and consulting with Procurement Managers and internal stakeholders to establish credibility and support.
- Managing the organisations compliance to the Commercial Continuous Improvement framework
- Reviewing government procedures ad processes, ensuring the ever changing Cabinet Office controls are embedded into procurement teams knowledge base
- Implementing policy best practice to feed into the Procurement Management tools
- Reviewing PPN notices issued and ensure complied with within the organisations procurement procedures
- Identifying trends and new legislation and design initiatives to address to ensure continuous improvement is adopted across all procurement processes and procedures.
What you'll need to succeedTo succeed in this role, you will be a good team player with the ability to work effectively as part of the Group Procurement Team. This role will allow you to provide leadership within the team around the Procurement policy compliance, providing advice and direction to all team members, along with training and support on writing and implementing organisations management system procedures. You will need
- Experience of Public Sector Procurement
- A good technical appreciation of the range of procurement categories
- Critical thinking and ability to adapt and develop new strategies
- Ability to apply procurement rationale to unique challenges and requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to influence at senior levels
What you'll get in returnA fantastic opportunity to work for for a dynamic organisation at the forefront of energy transformation with great career opportunities and a hybrid working pattern. Some of the main benefits are;
- Competitive salary
- A culture committed to being full inclusive, supported by a Being Inclusive Strategy and Inclusion Ambassadors
- An Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders, with a full calendar of health and well being initiatives
- Flexible working options including family friendly policies
- Paid Emergency leave
- 30.5 days annual leave increased with length of service plus bank holidays
- Outstanding defined benefit pension scheme
- Annual corporate bonus scheme
What you need to do nowIf you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.