This position is responsible for packaging, palletizing, unloading and sleeving product from production equipment. Expected to assist in the operation of all manufacturing process equipment.
This critical role is responsible for safely execute the operation of extrusion, slitting or lamination by using our film manufacturing equipment, to ensure production of material are within acceptable specification parameters in an efficient manner. This position will promote worker safety, ensure quality products and process are maintained at all times. You will be required to actively participate in the continuous improvement process; and identify and address any opportunity to reduce cost, improve product and process for overall improvement in the operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Assists Production Operations with order processing, changes and set-up.
- Bags, boxes or palletizes finished product.
- Performs quality inspections and tests.
- Positions sheet rolls on unwind stand and starts sheet into formers and through the trim press.
- Assists in the production and operation of manufacturing process equipment.
- Follows and participates in plant safe housekeeping guidelines designed to ensure a safe work environment.
- Remains compliant with Safety and Quality Policy .
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED, and be 18 years of age.
- 1 year of manufacturing
- Self-directed individual.
- Must be able to read a rule and apply simple math.
- Must set a good example for safety rules, evidenced by proper conduct, such as adherence to PPE procedures.
Some of Our Rewards programs include medical, Dental, and Vision, Tuition Reimbursement, Life & Disability and 401(k) with a Match.
Tekni-Plex is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the following document names to download the files for review: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement .