Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
Join us at Backus Hospital as we live our values every day. As part of Hartford HealthCare we create a better future for healthcare in Connecticut and beyond. By embodying these values we have become nationally respected for patient care and most trusted for personalized coordinated care. Come be part of something special!
For more than 118 years, Backus Hospital has been the primary source of healthcare services for much of Eastern Connecticut. We are home to the only trauma center in New London and Windham counties, and are the only area hospital with LIFE STAR helicopter services. We deliver and coordinate a continuum of high-quality healthcare with the goal of improving the health of our communities.
Provides psychiatric evaluations for adult and geriatric patients. Develops individualized treatment plans and provides individual, family and group psychotherapy. Responsible for providing social service functions in the behavioral health care setting. Provides case management/ discharge planning to patients and families as appropriate. Is a resource person to healthcare professionals concerning psychosocial problems, community resources.
- Master's degree in mental health discipline (social work, psychology counseling, marriage & family Therapy) required
- At least 2 years' experience in a psychiatric setting required
- Eligible for CT License in behavioral health. Must obtain license within 1 year of license eligibility
- Must obtain Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification within 6 months of hire
- Requires the ability to exercise discretion and use good judgment to perform duties promptly and consistently with little direction. Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Ability to read and understand oral and written instructions, and effectively communicate information. Basic computer skills (including opening/reading email, basic internet use).
- Display strong theoretical knowledge of psychopathology and appropriate treatment techniques
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with departments, employees, physicians and managers. Works efficiently and organizes time appropriately
We take great care of careers.
Hartford Healthcare provides eligible employees with an extensive benefits package and all the benefits of working with a top notch organization:
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous paid time off with accrual starting on the date of hire
- Additional voluntary benefits as well as employee discount programs
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.