You will work as part of the Research and Development team to design, test and develop new and existing products. You will bring in fresh ideas to ensure that we develop, maintain and expand our range of cutting-edge products. You will be working within a successful and very capable Engineering department whose day to day tasks will help thousands of people to reduce their energy costs and the UK to achieve its net zero carbon targets. We are seeking a Graduate who is eager to begin their career in sustainable engineering.
R&D Engineer - Job Role:
- To carry out mechanical based analysis, development and design of products and equipment.
- To produce CAD drawings, documentation and technical reports.
- To carry out electrical based design and development as required.
- To carry out programming as required.
- To be a problem solver.
- To work well as part of the team but maintain the ability to work independently when required.
- Design for manufacture.
- To work within and at times lead projects.
- To develop your own knowledge and understanding in relevant fields of learning.
- To help design, build and run simple test rigs.
- To work within the Engineering Change Process.
- To produce unbiased technical test reports and design documentation.
- To support product development projects from inception through to production.
- To work cooperatively and provide support as required.
- To undertake training and assist in training other members of staff as required.
- To work at all times in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to follow all company procedures and guidelines which assist this. Whilst working at external sites comply with all on site health and safety procedures and guidelines applicable to that site.
- To work at all times in accordance with the company's Dignity & Diversity Policy.
- To undertake such other duties as may be required within the general scope of the job
R&D Engineer - Person Requirements:
• Ability and desire to grasp new concepts and ideas.
• Proficiency in microsoft office with excellent Excel skills.
• Strong CAD skills, preferably with Solidworks
• Knowledge of thermodynamics and electro mechanical control systems.
• Knowledge and understanding of refrigeration cycles.
• Confident in working as part of a team and comfortable in
• raising concerns or improvements to product development.
• Capable of reading and understanding technical drawings.
• Capable of writing unbiased technical reports.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Analytical and numerical skills.
• Time management, organisation and the ability to work to deadlines.
• Driven and self-motivated.
• Flexible approach to work and adaptability to change.
• Good understanding of applied physics.
• An eye for detail and a methodical work process.