Position: Registered Service Manager
Location: Norwich, Norfolk (NR7)
Salary: £34,000 - £36,000 per annum + Annual Bonus (relocation package considered)
About the Service
This service is a residential service close to Norwich City Centre for adults with learning disabilities, autism, and complex needs. The service also supports people who express behaviours which others might find challenging. With eight ensuite bedrooms, all on one level, the home is also suitable for people who use a wheelchair.
The service provides a caring, supportive environment and a person-centred approach to support individuals to achieve their goals and live their life the way they want to.
About the role
As the Registered Manager your primary role will be to ensure the health and well-being of their supported individuals and the staff team and ensuring that every opportunity is offered to them. With the aim of enabling the people they support to lead a valued and fulfilling life and to maximise their independence to enable them to achieve their full potential.
- Ensuring that the service is run in an efficient and responsible manner, balancing the achievement of budget with the ethos of excellent quality.
- Effective management of financial performance, ensuring financial resources are appropriately managed & controlled.
- Promote quality assurance, working towards legal, clinical, statutory, and organisational obligations, to develop effective work strategies and processes, to ensure that the business is run in an efficient and responsible manner.
- Ensuring full and accurate reporting of management information and maximising quality and compliance.
- The role requires you to be registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Discretionary 10% annual bonus scheme
- Free DBS
- Life assurance benefit of twice annual basic salary
- Wagestream - Avoid bank fees and withdraw up to 40% of your wages as you earn them before payday via the Wagestream app.
- Comprehensive induction and excellent training
- Recognition Awards, including long service awards
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Employee benefits platform providing discounts at over 150 retailers
- Employee Assistance Programme, confidential telephone counselling and legal advice
- Health & Wellbeing portal
- ng discounts at over 150 retailers within the UK
- You'll have plenty of experience working with those with learning disabilities or complex behaviours.
- You may be a Deputy Manager looking for your next step or already been an experienced Service Manager looking for a new challenge.
- You may have come from a supported living or residential background.
- An NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care is a must, whilst support and training towards Level 4 and 5 is available.
- You'll have strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Confident, flexible, and efficient, you're happy to work on a shift basis, and, where required, to be on call.
- Above all, you'll be committed to providing person-centred care that gives real equality of opportunity to all those you're working for.