Note: Remote status will be considered for applicants that live outside of the NY tri-state area
Position Objective: The Manager of Network Operations is responsible for overseeing the 24/7 operations of a suicide prevention program(a network of 190+ independently owned crisis centers across the country) and related subnetworks. This position requires frequent interaction with crisis helpline network centers, the IT team, and leaders in the suicide prevention and crisis center communities.
Reports to: Director of Network Operations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the program network and related subnetworks to ensure 24/7 operation.
- Review daily, week, monthly reports; respond to inquiries from stakeholders for program data and information
- Work in collaboration with IT to develop and maintain a system for testing and troubleshooting all crisis helpline (and subnetwork) numbers and chat infrastructure
- Ensure that QA testing of the centers is done quarterly (more often if needed)
- Oversee the collection of ACD data from network centers
- Ensure all contact updates, routing change requests, coverage area analysis, and data requests are completed in a timely manner
- Work in collaboration with IT to develop, manage, and implement a unified system for the network centers
- Respond to concerns from crisis helpline Network centers; coordinate implementation of new operational policies and procedures throughout the Network
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in call center operations management; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
- Supervise and meet regularly with the Network Operations team to ensure:
- Efficient management/operations of crisis helpline Centers
- Effective management of data requests, technical testing, and systems changes
- Effective management of data collection and reporting
- Represent crisis helpline at major national or regional conferences/meetings and advisory committees as needed
- Initiate related discussions on the NRC discussion boards and write related blogs for program announcements;
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal, written, and computer skills
- Courteous and professional manner
- Experience a high degree of comfort with public speaking
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Experience in program management and excellent supervisory skills
- Strong customer-service and leadership skills
- Ability to foster teamwork, work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
- Ability to lead, positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization
- Ability to be flexible and versatile in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency
- Ability to interpret and manage program budgets
- Intermediate to advanced skills with MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
The ideal candidate will have an interest in mental health/suicide prevention, some familiarity with the nonprofit sector, comfortability with and an interest in technology and systems work, have experience with developing and implementing data reports, tools, and ideally a bachelor's degree in Social Work, Data Sciences, Business, or a related field.
The ideal candidate will have a Master's Degree in business administration, project management, public health/administration, social work/counseling or related field and at least 5 years of management/supervision experience. Experience in the non-profit sector, mental health, suicide prevention, crisis intervention and/or mental health information and referral services experience a plus. Knowledge and expertise of public health issues such as capacity building and sustainability (funding streams, payment methods, efficiencies, etc.) preferred. Applicants should be comfortable working independently. Position may be remote.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.