Apply for this job now
Resident Field Service Technician (Wasco, OR)
- Wasco, Oregon
- Job Type
- 5 Aug 2022
Apply for this job now
This individual will operate a mobile service vehicle and travel to customer locations in Wasco, OR and the surrounding areas to perform in-field, machinery diagnostics and repairs as required. These repairs will consist of, but are not limited to, complete component removal, disassembly, and reconditioning, following prescribed technical manual procedures. This individual must be able to perform quality work as efficiently and profitably as possible, work overtime and weekends on occasion.
Specific Duties Include:
• Perform in-field machinery diagnostics and repairs as required.
• Serve as an in-field representative for the dealership to provide service solutions and enhance customer satisfaction.
• Diagnose, inspect, recondition, repair, assemble, and service equipment as assigned by the supervisor.
• Document machine information and repairs completed on work order, including parts and fluids used.
• Maintain a clean work area, as well as care for all shop tools, machines, and equipment.
• Identify and communicate solutions for customer service opportunities in the dealership s area of responsibility
• Maintain technical and product knowledge on all equipment sold within the dealerships area of responsibility.
• Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
• Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of RDO Equipment Co.
• Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
• Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, huddles, department meetings and other related efforts.
• Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
• Excellent mechanical skills
• Trade specific tooling, including hand tools and pneumatic tools
• Current and valid drivers license as outlined in company policy manual
• Ability to assemble and perform maintenance functions on equipment
• Strong computer skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Graduation from related diesel technology program (preferred)
• Candidates must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Job Reference: 678577968-2
- Date Posted: 5 August 2022
- Recruiter: RDO Equipment Co.
- Location: Wasco, Oregon
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Trades & Services
- Job Type: Permanent