COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:Chapter Next - Let Lockheed Martin be the next step in your Journey Back to the workforce!
Have you taken some extended time away from your career in support of family or personal obligations? At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we understand that sometimes we must pause our professional life to support our family and loved ones. After stepping away from the workplace to care for children, aging parents or other family obligations, the road to return to work can be challenging, and at times intimidating. This is where Chapter Next can be part of your solution.
Chapter Next is a 12-16 week paid returnship hosted by RMS. Candidates who have taken a professional career hiatus for at least 2+ years will be eligible to apply to this program.
During this returnship participants will become part of a community of similarly experienced professionals with challenging work scopes that contribute to the great innovation produced by Lockheed Martin! Selected candidates will be exposed to comprehensive training, professional development opportunities, networking opportunities, and individual based mentoring
Our goal is to provide the fundamental tools needed to be successful in your career field, and to potentially prepare you for an opportunity to join Lockheed Martin full-time. Fields of focus will be diverse across the program and include functional and technical opportunities.
This returnship position is for an Engineering Program Management position and will be located in Syracuse, NY.
Preferred candidates will possess experience in RF and/or Signal Processing and have experience in Ground Based or Airborne Radar. Candidate must possess a strong technical background with engineering experience spanning multiple phases of the product life cycle and familiarity with all Engineering and Technical Operations functional organizations and associated business processes. Candidate will be expected to write, interpret, and review system performance requirements and may be required to direct or perform trade studies.
Candidate will be working in a matrixed product team organization to accomplish tasks. Candidate should possess the communication skills and ability to motivate and influence individuals outside his/her organizational boundaries in order to accomplish wider organizational goals. Coordination with the Program Office on technical, schedule, program planning as well as risk mitigation and opportunity harvesting will be required.
Candidate must demonstrate experience/ability to interface with the customer and subcontractors to address a range of activities including requirements flow-down, product sell-off, coordination of field support, subcontractor support, and technical problem investigation related to both SW and HW applications/products. Candidate must have experience in Control Account Management (CAM), and Schedule development/management, as well as experience leading small engineering teams. Candidate must possess excellent verbal/written communication skills and will be expected to present to upper level management and Customers. Light to moderate business travel will be required for this position.
• Candidate must possess experience in RF and/or Signal Processing
• Candidate must possess a strong technical background with engineering experience spanning multiple phases of the product life cycle
• Candidate must demonstrate experience/ability to interface with the customer and subcontractors to address a range of activities including requirements flow-down, product sell-off, coordination of field support, subcontractor support, and technical problem investigation related to both SW and HW applications/products.
• Candidate must have experience in Control Account Management (CAM), and Schedule development/management
• Candidate must possess excellent verbal/written communication skills.
• Candidate must have the ability to obtain an interim secret clearance. US citizenship is required.
• Candidates with cross-functional experience spanning multiple Engineering disciplines preferred.
• Candidate should be able to demonstrate an understanding of radar architectures, subsystem designs, requirements flow-down / trade-off approaches.
• Candidates must be able to analyze difficult radar technical problems through analysis and/or simulation, and demonstrate the ability to lead a group of engineers through evaluation, results compilation, conclusion development, and path-forward / recovery-plan option development.
• Proposal Lead and/or Capture Manager experience preferred.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.