The Security Specialist personnel are responsible for ensuring the safety and security of patients, customers, employees, and facilities. On-site Security personnel will ensure strict adherence to all security protocols, procedures and controls. The Security Specialist is responsible for ensuring the overall security of the facility or facilities.
- Ensure the safety of personnel and protection of company assets and products
- Monitoring of security systems to ensure serviceability and operability on a daily basis
- Conduct monthly equipment checks of security system
- Liaison with security system vendors in upgrades or repair to equipment
- Participate or coordinate fire drills, and building evacuations and life safety drills
- Implementation of security policy, procedure, and protocols
- Conduct SOP/Regulatory training and development of employees
- Investigate suspicious activity and document in clear methodical manner
- Coordinate safe and compliant movement of product and assets within the facility
- Minimum of a High School Diploma
- Applicants for Security Specialist must be over 21 years old
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Law Enforcement or Security experience
- Bachelor's or associate degree in Criminal Justice or related subjects
- and have a driver's license before being hired in addition to passing all pre-employment screenings certification or training in Security or Police related subjects
- Unarmed self- defense and de-escalation and redirection skills
About Ascend Wellness Holdings
Ascend is a vertically integrated cannabis cultivator, processor and provisioning center operator with assets in Michigan, Illinois, Massachusetts and Ohio. We seek to foster a robust and inclusive cannabis industry through a premium, unmatched customer-focused retail experience. We currently operate a provisioning center in Morenci, Battle Creek and Detroit. We are looking to build a world-class team that will help carry out our mission of helping to shape the future of cannabis as a leading healthcare solution. We are committed to improving the quality of our patient's lives by offering unrivaled quality, consistency and meticulously curated products that satisfy our customers unique, individual needs. Our provisioning centers will set a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness. As a team that is committed to our values, our people and our communities, we are looking for people who are inspired by our vision and looking to take roles with us as we expand nationally.
When it comes to customer service experience, our dispensaries will set a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness. As a team that is committed to our values, our people, and our communities; we are looking for people who are inspired by our vision and stay dedicated to our mission as we scale continuously.
Our people are our greatest asset. Our teams are comprised of a group of skilled and passionate professionals and partners from a diverse range of fields. We believe in not only building a diverse team but creating a space where ALL feel welcome and training our leaders to not only be inclusive themselves but to inspire their teams to be the same. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. We believe in providing competitive compensation, quality benefits and a work environment that fosters creativity, hard work and leverage every one of our employees' unique skills while giving them what it takes to advance those said skills and learn new ones. We sweat the details to ensure our teams are confident and excited to provide best in class service to our customers and communities we serve.
Equal opportunity employer
Ascend Wellness Holdings, LLC and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the population of differences and does not discriminate in its hiring / hiring practices, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.