Responsible as a subject matter expert for establishing risk-based security standards for Amazon Last Mile locations and the methods for maintaining and improving those standards. The specific areas of focus include, loss exposure/loss controls analysis, investigations of theft and loss, physical security systems and controls, contract guarding services, loss prevention education and awareness programs, background screening, workplace violence and loss prevention audit programs. In order to ensure that the said standards and methods are deployed, in respect of strategic plans, consistently across all countries and business units within the region, the job holder will develop and maintain key relationships and collaborations with regional leaders, Last Mile Operational team as well as other relevant cross functional teams throughout the organization. The role is field-based.
Functional leadership; Risk assessment and management; Performance Management; Regulatory, legal and labor compliance; Compliance to internal standards; Budgeting and cost management; Physical Protection systems, technology and services; Awareness & training for non-S&LP and S&LP personnel; Handling incidents, investigations and MO intelligence; Crisis Management and resilience; Key internal and external contacts.
- Coordinate the process by which compliance with all corporate loss prevention program standards is attained.
- Identify, develop and implement additional loss prevention program elements required to meet the personal needs of Amazon Last Mile businesses.
- Effectively partner with operations and support functions in evaluating current and future business processes and initiatives.
- Function as a member of a coordinated team of Loss Prevention Managers in genuinely pursuing improvements to company-wide loss prevention program efforts.
- Perform interior and exterior Loss Prevention audits of the Last Mile facilities, being alert to and responding to any security of Loss Prevention issues noted.
- Monitor the Last Mile facilities for compliance with Amazon security and Loss Prevention policies
- Perform various Loss Prevention inspections, audits, and investigations as required
- Encourage and promote Loss Prevention within the workforce exercising integrity and ethical methods.
- Support the development and deployment of cost effective security systems and solutions to mitigate risks and Modus Operandi.
- Establish and use risk assessment processes to identify and prioritize risks and mitigation means.
- Liaise and cooperate with law enforcement and industry bodies to support Amazon interests.
- Liaise and cooperate with vendors, suppliers and partners to effectively resolve exposures and mitigate risks.
- Positively reflect the security/Loss Prevention department through public relations and customer service; set a personal example of the highest level.
- Demonstrate knowledge of loss prevention best practices in supply chain, distribution and delivery centers to include: application of physical security systems, investigation techniques/laws of arrest, management of contract guard agencies, delivery carriers' loss mitigation techniques.
- Conduct new hire orientation and training.
- Bachelor's degree
- Fluent in English and German (both verbal and written communication)
- Experience in security and loss prevention within supply chain or express distribution and courier services;
- Relevant qualification in loss prevention, security management, and administration of justice, related field or equivalent experience is required;
- Extensive loss prevention experience, including significant experience in a distribution environment at management level
- Be able to work and travel as required by business needs in Europe.
- Proven experience in multi-site/country environment handling security and loss prevention in supply chain, logistics, transportation, express delivery
- Decision Making/ Problem Solving- demonstrate ability to effectively gather the right data from appropriate sources, probe/consider all of the facts, consider other perspectives; conduct root cause analysis; draw sound inferences; prioritize key factors; act reliably, promptly and confidently; flexible in approach; able to operate with limited guidance from management
- Communication and Influencing- demonstrate ability to identify the customer expectation and adjust language/ style to suit the listener; structure the information using correct terminology and grammar; be articulate and well-reasoned; solution-focused; customer-focused; have excellent follow-up
- Completed Bachelor's Degree (e.g. in Business, Criminal Justice or an equivalent) from an accredited university
- CPP, PSP, TAPA training
- Interviewing and Interrogation experience desired, and Wicklander and Zulawski certification
- Operational management experience in distribution and express delivery is advantageous but not essential
- Other additional languages French, Spanish, Italian
- Functional knowledge in developing, implementing, maintaining, and coordinating security policies and procedures; conducted physical security risk assessments of facilities including manufacturing, distribution, trade, and office.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice () to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.