Teaching Personnel are working with a caring and passionate school in the Small Heath area, who is recruiting for a personable, enthusiastic and hard-working individual needs assistant to join their team. This school caters for students aged 11-16, with a high proportion of students with SEN, in particular Autism. They feel it is important to build on the skills and knowledge of each individual student and begin to break down their barriers to learning.
You would require:
• A good understanding of a range of psychological disorders and a strong passion for supporting children with special needs within an educational setting.
• A versatile, inspiring, talented, and personable individual with a strong passion for supporting students to achieve, with sights firmly set on making a genuine difference. •
Experience working with children and adults with special needs
• Can provide references covering the last 2 years
• A resilient individual who has the passion and dedication to support children with a range of special educational needs.
Main duties include: • Support students with Autism spectrum Disorder. Some are non verbal and require visual forms of communication for communication.
• Assist on a 1:1 and group setting.
• Assisting and implementing workshops that focus on building the student's academic, speech, language, social skills, self-esteem and independence.
• To liaise with relevant health and educational agencies to promote joint working initiatives to meet the diverse needs of children.
• To maintain a co-operative relationship and keep in consistent communication with parents to keep them updated with their child's progress T