Prospero Teaching is seeking a SEN TA to join a secondary school based in Newham. The school are looking for people who can commitment to a full-time position, this will be starting immediately. This will be a temporary to permanent position as the school are ideally looking for people who are seeking a permanent position in the future.
You would be required to support students with SEN needs, this doesn't include personal care however, it will include special needs such as Learning difficulties, Behaviour difficulties, ADHD, Autism, visually impaired etc. Please note, this department does have extreme SEN.
In order to be successful, experience working with SEN students is required even if this is minor. This school does have a large SEN department and there happy to train people in becoming a successful SEN TA.
As a Teaching Assistant, it will also open doors to help you achieve your long-term goals whether you want to be a class teacher or seeing if teaching is for you before you study for the qualifications.
You will be working closely with GCSE students this will either be 1:1 or in small groups in the SEN department.
What does the Teaching Assistant role involve?
- Supporting the class teacher and students during lessons.
- 1:1 session supporting students with SEN needs.
- Running intervention groups.
- Working with other departments.
- You will be working specifically with students who require more help than other students.
What support will I be given as a Teaching Assistant?
You'll be given training, guidance and support by an experienced consultant at Prospero, our Training and Development Team as well as from the school. Training and CPD sessions are also offered. The school, ahead of time, will provide you with extended information, resources and strategies for supporting learners, behaviour management guidance, group and 1:1 training from qualified and experienced passionate staff.
As a Teaching Assistant, you will be exposed to students of various abilities. Again, this will build your knowledge of how students are monitored, data is analysed, and attainment is raised and students are managed more effectively by teachers.
Teaching Assistant hours and pay:
- Full-time school hours, 8.30 am - 3.30pm, Monday to Friday.
- The role is paid weekly and is at a daily rate of £100 per day.
- The school and Prospero teaching endeavour to support your career at every stage, both offering you a variety of CPD courses to enrich and progress your career further.