At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us. Boeing Defense, Space, and Security (BDS)
is seeking motivated, talented, and experienced Senior Lead System Engineers to join the MWS Systems Engineering Team in Huntsville, Alabama.
There are multiple positions for a wide range of systems engineering roles available. You will be expected to work highly complex technical problems, develop advanced technical ideas and guide their development into final products and you may function in a project / technical leadership role.
The Missiles and Weapons Systems (MWS) organization is dynamic and growing with a leadership team focused on attracting and developing top talent in support of critical missions for National Defense and Strategic Deterrence. Connected to our customers' missions, we deliver unique capability through our exceptional talent. The programs that we support in Huntsville, Alabama include Ground-based Midcourse Defense, Precision-guided Munitions, Integrated Air & Missile Defense products (PAC-3, Avenger, ABMD); Missile Defense Agency National Team (Systems Engineering, C2BMC), and Strategic Deterrence Systems (which includes Minuteman ICBM support and guidance system repair). Systems Engineering, System Integration, Design Integration Responsibilities May Include:
Systems and Performance Analysis, Model & Sim, Algorithm Development Responsibilities May Include:
- Contributing to development of systems engineering principles and concepts as well as advanced systems engineering practices.
- Leading technical teams to successfully complete aspects of major programs and may function in a project leadership role.
- Performing and leading complex analysis to optimize total system and/or system architecture to solve complex missile defense problems.
- Applying and leading interdisciplinary, collaborative approaches to plan, design, develop and verify complex system solutions.
- Defining and coordinating system performance requirements and technical parameters for complex systems.
- Performing analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, survivability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance, product security (cyber security) and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success.
- Developing and leading development of verification and validation methods, processes, logic, and plans in support of program milestones.
- Develop and document electronic and electrical system requirements
- Performs and leads circuit design (PWB layout, thermal analyses, power analyses, EMI analyses)
- Analyze and translate requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications
- Performs and leads software development, software and test integration
- Test and validate to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements
Model Based Engineering / Systems Engineering Responsibilities May Include:
- Evaluating systems under various scenarios and architectures to determine and/or optimize overall system mission performance in a framework giving insight into performance
- Performing analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture to solve complex missile defense problems.
- Developing and maintaining analysis tools of varied fidelity including modeling and simulation tools to predict performance against evolving threats of current and future missile defense systems.
- Performing systems analyses of the existing system architecture in conjunction with new technologies and concepts for improvements to be considered for future architectures.
- Developing, refining and documenting key algorithm capabilities to support various DoD customers.
- Conducting analyses of multiple targets discrimination for survivability, vulnerability, and susceptibility into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success.
Examples of current open positions / typical work scope:
- Development of Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) tools, processes and architectures
- Configuration, data and work flow management of program specific MBSE tools and processes
- Establishment of protocol / process for integration of engineering tools with MBSE
Model Based Engineering Team:
- Senior technical lead responsible for development of Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) tools, processes and architectures for Missile and Weapons Systems (MWS) division. Responsible for defining roadmap, requirements, tailoring and deploying MBE/MBSE techniques for MWS Programs.
- Verification and validation of GMD products and solutions. GMD systems analysis tasks associated with system performance analysis in assessing the GMD design impacts to kinematic, defended area, and raid size performance. Tasking would include assessment and tracking of Technical Performance Measures (TPMs), execution and analysis of system level Models and Simulations.
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.).Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Development of algorithms for radar signal processing techniques such as Kalman filtering, probabilistic and statistical modeling, and measurement processing from pulsed-Doppler waveforms. Design of algorithms aimed to process signal returns into discriminated targets and track targets through mission timeline.
- Define system performance requirements and ensure interface definition supports various functional components of the complex Seeker system.
- Conducts analysis to optimize total system-of-systems performance and/or system architecture as applied to algorithmic functionality pertaining to the acquisition and tracking of targets.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Technical Bachelor's, Master's or a PhD degree (A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study)
- 5+ years of experience in systems engineering
- Experience applying and teaching systems engineering processes and principles
- Experience/recognized job expert of system architecture, requirements, interface definition, verification, and validation
- Experience/recognized job expert with complex systems development and integration
- Experience/recognized job expert in modeling or simulation of complex systems
- Experience with implementation and maintenance of systems engineering tools, schedules and metrics (i.e. Earned value management, DOORs, CAMEO)
- Experience/recognized job expert with Model Based Systems Engineering
- Experience/recognized job expert of statistical analysis, distributions, and sampling
- Experience with mentoring and teaching junior engineers
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years , Master years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.Relocation:
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Note: Basic relocation will be offered for eligible internal candidates.Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies. Shift:
This position is for 1st Shift.
Eligible for 3ERPEqual Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.