Position Description Summary:
The Server's role is responsible for daily execution of the Mission Statement, which includes providing First Class Service to both internal and external guest. This also includes friendly and timely interaction with each guest, suggestive selling, answering questions, taking and delivering the guests' order and following up to ensure each guest receives their correct food and/or drink order.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exceed First Class Service standards and behavior with every guest, business partner and peers.
- Treat guest and peers in accordance with the core values of the company.
- Present the menu, answers questions, and makes suggestions regarding food and service.
- Observe guests to respond to any additional requests and determine when meal has been completed.
- Knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the restaurant's menu and products.
- Totals bill accepts payment following established guidelines.
- Process all point of sale transactions in a quick, efficient manner while complying with the company's Cash Handling and Loss Prevention Standard Operating Procedures.
- Know all specials on a shift by shift basis as well as all liquor, beer, and wine products and all menu items and desserts.
- Build guest loyalty and enhance selling skills through the use of available training materials.
- Maintain clean organized work environment.
- Support other areas of the restaurant as requested, such as seating customers, answering telephones, stock work, cleanup and documentation.
- Responds appropriately to guest concerns.
- Complete all side work duties which may include sweeping and mopping.
- Maintain current adult beverage certification. Ensure responsible service of alcohol.
- Accountable for compliance with all local, state, federal laws and regulation including those relating to food safety.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED
- Restaurant experience preferred.
- Experience handling money and a point of sale system.
- Ability to work various shifts in a 7/365 team-oriented environment
- Excellent customer service skills and an ability to communicate effectively
- Self-starter able to prioritize and handle various tasks simultaneously
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and unexpected situations
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with Team Members, Managers, and Guests.
- Proficiency required in reading and writing and mathematics
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs, perform essential job functions such as standing, bending, reaching, climbing on ladder, and walking long distances
- Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility