At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We are looking for a Solution Architect to join the BDUK Architecture team!
The successful candidate will work with customers, partners and Boeing engineers to develop innovative architecture solutions in response to business needs following defined Boeing processes.
- Working collaboratively within a coordinated customer and supplier team to deliver jointly transformed Business and IT Services.
- Delivers technical visualisation of proposed solutions for approval by customer and execution by engineering teams.
- Develops and translates logical designs into outline solution designs and solution options to meet customer requirements
- Undertakes or supports trade studies and option evaluations, product selections
- Supports case development and benefit identification and benefit realization (including benchmarking and critical metric development)
- Contributes to development of enterprise architectures:
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of business architectures, in particular, process architectures, business reference model, capability models.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of information architectures, in particular taxonomies, high level information models, API's and common message formats.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of application architectures, in particular logical architectures and canonical interface definitions.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of technical architectures, in particular reference architectures and non-functional requirements including security considerations.
- Develops solution architectures to deliver specific projects and capability improvements that form part of an overall business transformation or IT transformation effort, using the provided enterprise architecture.
- Identifies and evaluates potential solutions, including demonstrating, installing and commissioning selected products.
- Captures and develops architectures within a repository based architecture modelling tool.
- Owns the development of point solutions to deliver specific capability improvements.
- Develops solutions that are imaginative, detailed, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
- Determines and develops approaches to solutions within the constraints provided by a supervising architect (Chief Architect or Enterprise Architect).
Typical Education and/or Experience
- Experience of implementing IT enabled business change
- Experience in designing solutions covering Compute, Storage and Network components.
- In-depth Windows and Unix Experience design experience.
- Experience of virtualization of storage, compute and network capabilities
- Use Case and Scenario Modelling
- Experience of selecting or implementing COTS software and best of breed packages
- Experience of integration heavy solutions and SOA.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of the following notation:
- Archimate 2 or 3 notation
- TOGAF 9 or 10
- Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN)
- Experience in the use of repository based Enterprise Architecture modelling tools (e.g., Sparx EA, Mega, iServer, System Architect).
- Experience of defence, blue light and/or government organisations
- Knowledge of infrastructure and/or security aspects of an enterprise-scale delivery or operation
- Knowledge of Lean Thinking, Theory of Constraints, six sigma or similar business improvement techniques
- Experience of information security and cryptography tools, techniques and strategies
- Experience of DevOps and Agile development
- Experience of user experience design and development of personas
- Experience of working within a multinational matrix management environment / structure and a large-scale, sophisticated international organization, but also within small teams
Other job related information
This posting is eligible for participation in the Employee Referral Programme. Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for an international, locally hired position.
Please note: this is an urgent requirement - recruitment and selection will commence prior to close date.
Please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORISATION TO WORK IN THE UK BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO acquire IMMIGRATION AND LABOUR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS.
Make sure you list all of the Countries in which you are a citizen. If you have work authorization for a country that you are not a citizen of, please explain this on the top of your resume. Benefits and pay are figured out at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.