BAE Systems is seeking an experienced Operations Program Manager to manage several contracts delivering radiation hardened electronics for Space flight. The intended programs are legacy RAD750 based Single Board Computers and Radiation Hardened component assembly with contracts ranging from $1M - $15M, each. The electronics are designed by BAE Systems and overall material acquisition and in-house fabrication is the primary responsibility of the OPM as a service to the internal Program Manager and external Customer. The OPM must coordinate and drive all cross-functional activities in support of the mission.
Oversees and manages the Operations project(s) and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management. Prepares project execution plan and identifies technical and business resources needed. Reviews status of projects and budgets, manages schedules and prepares status reports. Assesses issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives. Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team.
Primary responsibilities are shown below:
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Cost Account Manager for Operations material and labor budgets. Manages Operations performance against the baseline program plan by monitoring quality, schedule, and cost performance of all Operations functions assigned to a program
- Provides a "single point of contact" between Operations Team and the Program Office for providing program status and resolving problems. Presents Operations status to Customer, Program Management, and/or Operations Management as required
- Cross functional lead responsible for ensuring the factory, technical operations team, and supply chain teams properly support the production program and capital efforts
- Interfaces with the appropriate organization within Operations to ensure any changes which will impact assigned tasks have been appropriately communicated and addressed.
- Ensures that Operations provides a competitive proposal that is accurate, supportable, on time, and within the budget constraints defined by the Proposal Manager for any new follow on production orders
- Promotes a strong sense of teamwork among personnel supporting various phases of the program efforts
- Responsible for all Operations metrics on the program and capital effort and is overall CAM for a Cost Plus Incentive Fee Program
- Utilize all the tools available to drive a Zero Defect culture throughout the team (Root Cause Corrective Action, Corrective Action Review Board, Kaizen Events andProjects for Green and Black Belts)
- Responsible for driving the Supply Chain Strategy and management of the Supply Base Quality through the Supplier Surveillance Strategy for the program
- Performs other related duties as required
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- BS in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Optical, or Materials Engineering, or equivalent and 6 years of relevant working experience.
- Ability to lead in a cross-functional team environment, with a customer-focused approach, and an aptitude for continuous improvement in serving internal and external customers
- Demonstrated success in implementing lean manufacturing, yield management and resolution of a complex product base, and supply chain initiatives
- Requires strong manufacturing background and experience in electronics manufacturing.
- Demonstrated experience supporting product development and NPI (New Product Introduction) transition of circuit card assembly (CCA) into a production environment.
- Strong diplomatic, communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage and report status of projects within a project management discipline
- Ability to provide strategic contributions while successfully executing on tactical objectives
- Must be a US citizen eligible for a DOD security clearance
Space Systems Operations Program Manager II 80849BR
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or equivalent
- Lean Six Sigma Certification or equivalent
- Practical hands-on experience with Earned Value Management techniques and accountability for budgets and performance
EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression