Dont just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Argosy Casino Alton, we think youll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
- Effectively respond to Supervisors requests in all areas of guest interaction and guest concerns.
- Write, verify, and make payments on tickets for sports wagers in accordance with department policy and procedures and ensures compliance to applicable jurisdictional gaming statues and regulations.
- Maintain a cash bank for his/her shift, responsible for accepting payment and making correct change when necessary.
- Stock Sports book Writer/Cashier's stations with adequate supplies; keeps all stations neat and clean.
- Write Sports tickets in an accurate and timely manner.
- Make payments on winning tickets in an accurate and timely manner; verify tickets and payoffs.
- Maintain and reconcile bank for assigned shift, following established cash-handling policies and procedures
- Explain wagering rules, including betting lines and odds, and procedures to guests
- Provide information and assistance to customers in a friendly, courteous manner to ensure the delivery of superior guest service. Offer information on activities, etc., and direct guests for further information as necessary.
- Create and enter player tracking cards
- Notify management of escalated or prevalent guest issues/concerns and any apparent suspicious activity
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED; or six months experience in guest service operations; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, weekends, and overtime as business needs dictate.
- Minimum of six (6) months cash-handling experience.
- Ability for work as part of a team in a high-volume environment.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs.
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, theres a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means youll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer
$15.00 Per Hour
Job/Display ID: 9
External Company URL:
Street: 1 Piasa Street