Sr. Data Engineer, Real Time Settlement
Change Healthcare is a leading healthcare technology company with a mission to inspire a better healthcare system. We deliver innovative solutions to patients, hospitals, and insurance companies to improve clinical decision making, simplify financial processes, and enable better patient experiences to improve lives and support healthier communities.
Sr. Data Engineer, Real Time Settlement (Remote - US)
Were looking for Data Engineers with a passion for reliability, quality, and security to help drive a new generation of services and products to impact healthcare supporting solutions for Change Healthcare.
Data engineers at Change Healthcare are software developers who design, build and operate efficient & reliable pipelines to move and transform data (both large and small amounts). They design elegant interfaces between internal services and internal customers. They bring clarity and consistency to the transformation of operational data into business outcomes and reporting.
You'll enjoy working with a highly talented and diverse team of Engineers building out state of the art services for the healthcare industry, one of the richest data sets in US healthcare, nearly limitless cloud compute resources, and the ability to see your insights turned into real products.
We will be asking you to
- Asist in the design, build and launch of efficient & reliable data pipelines to move and transform data (both large and small amounts).
- Assemble complex data sets that drive business outcomes.
- Work with senior engineers to optimize data delivery and re-design infrastructure for scalability and performance.
- Work with product and engineering teams to establish data classification and flow documentation and standards
- Develop analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
- Experience in and exposure to designing, building and supporting Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google)
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Master's degree in Computer Sciences OR Bachelors degree in Computer Sciences and equivalent work experience
- Thorough understanding of data lifecycle management
- Familiarity with relational databases (SQL, PostgreSQL) and with document stores (NoSQL databases like DynamoDB, Mongo, Hive)
- Experience with ETL tools (Informatica, Spark, Glue) and data visualization tools (PowerBI, Tableau, Quicksight)
- Experience building out data warehouses and data lakes
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Curious willing to learn new things and try new things, able to implement prototypes, rolling up your sleeves
- Data-Driven able to drive decisions and influence based on data.
- Sense of Urgency bring an agile, lets get things done attitude
li-remote Diversity and Inclusion:
At Change Healthcare, we include all. We celebrate diversity and inclusivity, respect each other and value our unique experiences. By being our authentic selves, we bring different perspectives into our work and relationships.Business Resource Groups (BRGs) play a central role in advancing diversity and inclusion at Change Healthcare. They deepen our understanding of different cultures, people, and experiences, and help foster an inclusive workplace. Change offers eight (8) BRGs. Learn more at Feeling Inspired? Ready to ? Apply today!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and, when j ob-related and consistent with business necessity , we may require periodic testing for certain roles. Some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at and the supplemental information at
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcares Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information () .
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicant will reveive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status.