T itle: SR. SPECIALIST OF BUSINESS SYSTEMS SOLUTIONS
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Category: Systems and Security
Potential for Remote Work: No
We are currently seeking a Sr. Specialist of Business System Solutions in Huntsville, AL. The successful candidate should have a thorough knowledge of Business Systems and strategies to ensure the integration between the business needs and technology. Must demonstrate a high level of problem-solving skills to identify issues and design technology best practices. Understands Business process improvement and is analytical in identifying, communicating, and resolving issues.
- Review and design best practices for internal and external user groups regarding evaluated data collected through task analysis, business process, surveys, and focus groups,
- Collaborates with outside suppliers regarding systems development and design, including software programming and table, report, and panel design
- Ensure ongoing data protocols are maintained and updated,
- Ensure system security levels for internal and external data management policies, Provide analytical design support by coordinating data extraction from various databases and data interpretation,
- Strong knowledge of network protocols, MS Excel databases and VBA coding, as well as other development software programs,
- Provides network performance statics, reports and recommendations for network enhancements using industry standard COTs tool,
- Apply firmware and software patches as required to systems,
- Researches, evaluates, and stays current on emerging technologies and tools,
- Perform other hardware and software tasks as assigned,
- Maintain all support documentation.
- Coordinates implementation of the system software, including conversion of data to the new system, and works with application support personnel to resolve system problems
- Acts as liaison between systems software development staff, management, and system end-users to determine requirements and obtain sign-off. Provides training and technical support to system end-users.
- Administers the installation and maintenance of an organization's information technology infrastructure and systems
- Implements and maintains tools for monitoring and eliminating systems downtime.
- Sets and implements policies, objectives, and guidelines; and oversees staff performance.
- Plans and executes the protection of information found on company computers and data networks, utilizing understanding of computer and network security, including firewall administration, encryption technologies, and network protocols.
- Working with outsourced IT suppliers, ensures the information stored on computers or networks is free of breaches and safe from hackers, not disclosed to unwanted parties, or modified inadvertently.
- Educates coworkers and supervisors on security protocol and helps integrate system security in the company's overall plans.
- Bachelors degree in Information Systems (or related business field) and/or 5 years of experience.
- Experience with VBA codes and familiarity of other development platforms such as Bootstrap, jQuery, or Framework, etc.
- Effective project management skills,
- Ability to Review and analyze complex business processes,
- Strong security protocol skills, including but not limited to GDPR and NIST SP 800-63 series
- Good documentation and communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and willing to take ownership of issues.
Technical Skill Requirements:
- Written and verbal communication skills,
- Writing reports and manuals, and interpreting documents and procedure manuals,
- The ability to be flexible and proactive,
- Maintaining a professional appearance,
- Working under pressure, prioritizing, and managing a varied workload,
- Being a team player and seeing projects through completion,
- Striving for on-going professional development.