First Achieve Recruitment have a fantastic opportunity for a Supply Chain Support Engineer, in the Edinburgh region. You will be working within a prestigious company, who have been established since the 1800's, they have state-of-the-art facilities & are heavily involved in Global Manufacturing.
The role will be paying in the region of £35,000 - £42,000 per annum.
The Supply Chain Support Engineer (Electrical) will primarily provide technical support for the Procurement and Sub-contract Management of electrical and control equipment.
Working within a dedicated supply chain support team, the role will involve being the primary technical point of contact with suppliers, helping to develop specifications, resolve emerging problems and ensuring quality products or services are provided within the agreed time and budget.
The Supply Chain Support Engineer will develop constructive and productive relationships with suppliers and sub-contractors within the UK and overseas and provide guidance to engineering staff during project execution and support for repeat work.
- Work closely with Sub-contract Principals and Procurement to provide the required technical support for the supply of electrical equipment and services.
- Primary technical point of contact with strategic suppliers
- Work closely with Engineering to identify procurement/sub-contract requirements for electrical components and develop procurement specifications
- Conduct and document capability assessment of potential suppliers in compliance with MTS procedures and customer specific requirements.
- Help to develop strategic partners and build relationships
- Identification of sub-con / procurement risk and implementation of mitigation strategies
- When necessary, and at key stages in the project, provide support or conduct audits to measure progress against a baselined plan and provide early identification of problems or threats to the programme.
- Liaise on technical matters with suppliers and procurement in support of the product.
- Participate in design reviews to ensure procurability, manufacturability and inform options.
- Help inform make / buy decisions
- Working with the subcontractor and the MTS Engineering team to manage risk and identify and implement corrective action to keep the programme on track
- Participate in the bid proposal stage of projects by providing guidance relevant to supply / sub-con
- Assist with the pro-active management of obsolescence within the supply chain (working with Eng Support & Design)
- Support FAT's at supplier's premises (working with Test Engineering)
- At all times, protect the commercial interests of the company in relation to subcontracts being managed
The successful candidate must:
- Degree Educated in Control / Electrical Engineering or relevant Apprenticeship with HNC.
- Have knowledge of related standards, in particular BS, EN and 18th Edition IEE regulations
- Be able to work on their own or as part of a team
- Be able to pro-actively and effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and deliver results
- Have self-discipline, motivation, the ability to organise your workload and overcome problems as they arise.
The successful candidate must hold or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required.