At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
An opportunity has arisen for a highly flexible and motivated senior-level System Designs and Integration Specialist for the programs Middleware team, building, supporting, and evolving Middleware platforms within a wide range of MOD and Government based programs. Provide technical expertise in a variety of technologies to a multi-site program team.
The job holder must not be constrained by a rigid job specification and be willing to pick up additional duties as necessary. They must be hard-working and hands on in their approach and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. They must be comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels within the organization and be confident representing BDUK and teaming with the MOD and government partners.
A new and exciting requirement for a senior System Design and Integration specialist. Primarily technical experience of Oracle Fusion development, ideally with shown experience in designing and developing integration applications using Oracle SOA Suite. The successful candidate will be involved in the design, development, testing, implementation and support of a sophisticated integration solution and management of associated system components.
The individual will also perform analysis and resolve application performance issues in coordination with customers and other developers detailing processes and procedures and ensuring compliance with Boeing and practices. The candidate will provide oversight as well as perform installations, deployments, upgrades, application migrations, and infrastructure changes for Oracle 12c Fusion ensuring magnificent execution and continuous production. The position requires cross team coordination and leadership with separate, but tightly coupled development and architecture teams, infrastructure support teams, key suppliers, and other Boeing programs applying the same technologies.
- The ideal candidate we're looking for has the following skills
- Strong experience development experience with Oracle Fusion Middleware (12c) Products (Weblogic, SOA, OSB)
- Strong Java Development Background.
- Strong Integration transformation and ETL based skills.
- Good knowledge of the Weblogic Application Server is required.
- Good experience with Weblogic scripting development.
- Good UNIX scripting knowledge is required
- Good knowledge of Oracle Databases, with hands-on SQL and PL-SQL coding
- Good Understanding of Core Technologies and SOA principles and specifications
- Skills for visualizing, designing and developing software systems based on user requirements.
- Knowledge of other Oracle Middleware platforms.
- Hands on experience with scripting through tools such as Python, Perl, SOAP, ML, JMS, Ant, VBScript, Power Shell, etc, as well as the use of configuration management tools such as Subversion, and or Hudson a plus.
- Knowledge of working within the Defence sector would be a significant advantage.
- Experience of working within a matrix management environment and a large-scale, complex international organization, but also within small teams, would be helpful.
- Automation and DevOps experience.
The role may require travel within the UK as well as.
The current work location is Milton Keynes or Bristol with some hybrid work available.
Education and Experience:
Applies extensive job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts. Has full knowledge of other related subject areas. Provides technical solutions to sophisticated problems that require resourcefulness and creativity. Exercises considerable latitude in resolving technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed for desired results from a relatively long-term perspective.
Guides the successful completion of aspects of major programs and may function in a project leadership role. Erroneous decisions or recommendations may result in failure to achieve major organisational objectives. A higher level I.T. or business focused qualification is crucial (or equivalent).
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll. Relocation Assistance is not available for this role.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.