Tax Assistant Job Vacancy
Do you enjoy working in a varied role, developing trusted relationships with clients?
Would you benefit from working with a firm that champions flexible working?
Can you deliver an all-encompassing tax skillset, supporting the success of the wider tax function? If so, this Tax Assistant job in Manchester might be perfect for you.
You will be a self-starter with an enthusiasm for delivering the best possible service to a diverse client portfolio. Good communications skills will be essential, as well as strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate that is looking to further develop their tax experience, learning from a highly regarded team and we would invite anyone interested to get in touch without delay for a 100% confidential chat.
- The preparation of tax returns for a varied portfolio of sole traders and corporate entities.
- VAT returns.
- Be the go-to contact for clients and third parties, handling queries and directing correspondence to the appropriate team member.
- Liaising with clients to obtain information, ensuring accurate data is received.
- Preparation of client correspondence, via email and mail.
- Owning responsibility of maintaining client records, updating information as required.
- Building trusted relationships with clients, answering general queries, and adopting a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Preparation of bills for senior management sign off.
- Supporting the wider firm with other duties as needed.
About The Employer
This Tax Assistant job in Manchester is based within a successful and growing firm of chartered accountants that works with a varied and loyal client portfolio.
Providing a full suite of accountancy services, this experienced team is looking for someone who can be an integral part of the firm, who can champion service excellence.
This Tax Assistant role would suit someone who is eager to hit the ground running, supporting the tax function and in time, further develop their career within tax.
What's On Offer
- £35,000 to £40,000 per annum.
- Full-time, permanent role.
- Generous annual leave.
- Company pension.
- A supportive working environment.
- Professional development opportunities.
The Successful Applicant
- ACA, ACCA, CA or CTA qualified or a finalist.
- At least three years' experience in a role with some tax focus.
- Enthusiasm for delivering service excellence.
- A natural people person, able to build trusted and respected relationships.
- Sound IT skills and knowledge.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail and organisation skills.
- A self-starter who can also work collaboratively with the wider Tax team.
- Articulate, motivated and punctual.
About Public Practice Recruitment Ltd
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd recruits high-calibre accounting professionals at all levels for tax, accounts, and auditor jobs on both a permanent and temporary basis for accountancy firms.
Specialising solely in accountancy recruitment, Public Practice Recruitment Ltd regularly has new auditor jobs and accountancy jobs in Manchester and has a superb track record of meeting and exceeding expectations for accountants looking for their next accounting role.