Job role: Technical Design Manager
Position: Hybrid role with some project site visits and client meetings needed
Salary: CIRCA £60k
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Design Manager to join our client, a reputable main contractor who have been operating for over 20 years and deal with the design, project management and cat A and B fit out provider within the retail, commercial and public sectors .
Our client is looking for a candidate to lead their existing team of in-house tech designers. The candidate will be responsible for managing the technical design process end to end through their in-house experts and external collaborators, they will steer, motivate, engage, manage and be part of the wider business to influence our approach to project design.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Engage with stakeholders from the operations and new business teams to identify upcoming design workstream. Ensure the technical team are aware of priorities, KPI's and expectations and are delivering output effectively.
- Lead the design agenda to ensure the client and project brief is delivered, but that innovative, best practice and a forward-thinking approach is applied where possible to ensure value add to the service delivery.
- Formulate a strategic departmental plan to achieve specified business targets, to ensure client's needs are exceeded and to drive innovation and elevation of the service and quality offering.
- Complete regular performance reviews in alignment with business process and identify development opportunities, objectives and training requirements to continuously upskill individuals to drive the department forward and achieve success.
- Liaise with HR and take the lead role in the recruitment of new technical designers or external collaborators to ensure projects are correctly resourced and delivered within agreed timescales and to the highest standards.
- Monitor performance levels, KPI adherence and quality of output to improve internal processes and efficiencies.
- Achieve and maintain ISO19650. Ensure BIM standards are adhered to through monitoring Revit/AutoCAD drawings and enforcing appropriate processes. Be responsible for managing and maintaining accuracy of all Revit models, content, libraries and templates.
- Follow and comply with all policies and procedures of the company which includes the Health and Safety procedures, ensuring personal safety and the safeguarding of the interests and safety of all staff, visitors, and contractors.
- Experience in a similar leadership/management role
- Industry experience within design and fit out, workspace and office or retail design
- Working knowledge of AutoCad and Revit and Office 365
- The ability to work within the office hub with regularity
- UK valid driving license
- £50,000 -£60,000 per annum DOE, alongside a discretionary bonus scheme
- 31 days annual leave, including bank holidays and Christmas shut down, increasing with length of service
- Sickness, income protection and death in service
- Pension scheme
- Optional private medical insurance
For more information contact Kim on or send your details to