Technical Information Security Analyst - Rugby/Hybrid Working
CEH, Vulnerability Analysis, ISO:27001, Firewall, GRC, Cyber Essentials, Understanding of Network and MS Security products, Defender,
£50,000 - £60,000 DOE
Working for a well know organization based in Coventry we are looking for a Technical Information Security Analyst to join a well-established Security Function. Working alongside the CISO and Head of Security you will have a mentor that will help develop your knowledge in an ISO:27001 compliant environment that boasts some of the best technology in the industry.
What am I involved with?
Working as an interface between security and the broader IT function you will be accountable for ensuring security is at the forefront of any deployment or implementation, or any upgrade or change. You will be a sponge for knowledge, researching new threats and technologies that could provide positive business impact and become the subject matter expert of wider security threats while working close with the outsourced SOC to mitigate security concerns.
What will i do?
- Work alongside the technical service owners to ensure that vulnerability detection capabilities are fit for purpose and working effectively and that identified vulnerabilities are managed to a successful remediation in a timescale appropriate to the risk.
- Assist in the development of technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- Assist in responding to audits, penetration tests and vulnerability assessments.
- Work with IT internal and external suppliers to ensure that security is factored into the evaluation, selection, installation and configuration process of hardware and software.
- Research cyber security solutions and provide technical support for their implementation to ensure all operations and maintenance activities are properly documented and actioned.
- Work with the Head of Information Security and the wider Information Security team to maintain and enhance the Group's security position.
- Support the response to information security incidents, as directed by the CISO
- Input into the design and strategy process to ensure that the Group continues to develop its maturity relating to data security and compliance.
- Analyse and make recommendations to improve network, system and application architectures.
- Assist in the reviews and updates of cyber security policies, architectures and standards.
What should my experience look like?
- Technical Knowledge within anti-virus, networking, vulnerability management, encryption, Microsoft technologies.
- Knowledge of Information Security standards, legislation and practices, including GDPR & Data Protection Act 2018.
- Experience in dealing with a wide range of Information Security matters and operating in an ITIL based environment.
- Strong problem-solving ability, with flexibility to think creatively and adapt to and implement rapidly changing systems and services.
- Incident management experience and an ability to quickly tailor responses to deal with fast-moving situations
This is an excellent opportunity for either an established information Security Technical Analyst or someone stepping up from a technical background with a keen interest in Security. Apply now for a confidential chat. Nothing ventured nothing gained and this could just turn out to be the job you have always wanted!