At Midland States Bank, we believe that when we can bring our whole selves to work each day, we become happier, more comfortable, more confident, and more excited to do great things for our customers, each other, and our company. Were proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. At Midland, we recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you are looking for a place to grow, we encourage you to apply at Midland States Bank, because you belong here. Position Summary Provides customer service, processing both business and individual banking transactions; manages a cash drawer, cross-sells bank services. Responsible for comprehensive, prompt and efficient customer transactions. Trial balances cash drawer throughout the day. Balances and rolls the drawer for the day at close of shift, comparing the balance to the system balance. Reports any discrepancies to the supervisor as necessary. Primary Accountabilities
Position Qualifications Education:
- Institutional knowledge of banking.
- Receive cash and checks for deposit, verifying amounts, looking at endorsements and reviewing checks for possible fraud including holds
- Examines cash carefully to guard against counterfeit bills.
- Cashes checks for customers in accordance with bank policy. Enters transactions into computer system and issues receipts.
- Assists customers with transactions and ATM operations.
- Provides accurate customer service to include balancing cash drawer throughout the day to reduce and eliminate teller differences.
- Understanding basic knowledge of deposit and lending products & services.
- Able to identify correct product types through needs-based questioning allowing them to build and deepen customer relationships.
- Consistently demonstrates knowledge of bank products and services through referring products and services to corresponding business partners, assist customers on electronic services and entering opportunities into the customer information software.
- Serves as relief and /or backup teller in other locations of Midland States Bank.
- Timely completion of all assigned learning activities.
- Actively participate in weekly huddles and one on one coaching sessions.
- Demonstrates and models Midland States Bank core values that support the banks culture.
- Participate in bank sponsored community activities.
- Maintain compliance with all applicable regulations including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Requirement: High School Diploma.
Other Desired Qualifications:
- Stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and transport coin and currency bags as required (bags may weigh between 25lbs and 50lbs)
- Multilingual speakers are encouraged to apply
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Midland States Bank Human Resources at .
- Business insight
- Cultivates innovation
- Drives results
- Makes sound decisions
- Being a brand champion
- Communicates effectively
- Customer focus
- Being Authentic
- Emotional Intelligence
- Self development
- Being flexible and adaptable
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT