The Operational Risk Sr. Officer is a risk and control professional responsible for driving effective challenge and quality assurance throughout the end-to-end issue management process spanning the life cycle of an issue
including: documentation review for remediation data population completeness and accuracy, exclusion criteria and remediation execution, status monitoring and reporting, and closure activities. These activities will be
conducted in close partnership with the Issue Owners and Managers within U.S. Personal Banking. Excellent communication skills are required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level.
The role involves developed communication and diplomacy skills in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas.
- Operate independently as a Quality Assurance partner across the assigned U.S. Personal Banking issue management teams, forming partnerships at all levels within U.S. Personal Banking. Support the Compliance Business Control Sr. Group Mgr. in fostering a strong QA partnership with Business Function and Operations Sr. Function Group Management.
- Provide effective challenge throughout the data remediation lifecycle (documentation review including root cause analysis, remediation planning, code review for queries related to population completeness planning and execution criteria, and post remediation implementation).
- Assess control design and operational effectiveness and supporting documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- Provide assurance over the quality of U.S. Personal Banking's work via formal work products (Hot Reviews and Tollgates).
- Provide day-to-day support to assigned U.S. Personal Banking senior bank and risk management colleagues and issue management teams on development of effective corrective action plans, remediation approaches, timelines, compensating controls and documentation supporting work being performed.
- Be a change agent identifying innovation and automated solutions opportunities for issue resolutions.
- Facilitate the initial and ongoing communication, escalation, and resolution process through standardized communication routines and tools.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and meet strict deadlines, both internal and external (e.g., regulators).
- Significant interaction with a wide range of senior bank and risk management colleagues, as well as external stakeholders such as Issue Owners / Issue Managers / Compliance / Legal / Operational Risk Management / Internal Audit.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Support additional oversight and validation routines required by functions such as Internal Audit and Compliance.
- Ensure that all relevant issues are accurately tracked in the appropriate systems of record.
- Drive a holistic view of the issue to ensure impacts to other lines of business or functions are identified.
- Drive process best in class issue management through the identification and communication of areas for improvement in issue management.
- Assist with periodic ad-hoc projects (e.g., research and development of QA specific training).
- Work with partners to develop a culture that fosters self-identification of business issues.
- Support reporting and analytics for Issues Management.
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Significant and demonstrable experience in writing SAS and SQL queries with multiple database environments with a minimum of 5 years of experience with SAS Enterprise Guide
- Should have excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office - particularly Excel (metrics and data analysis), PowerPoint (presentation decks), and Word (writing and editing procedural and technical documentation).
- Prior Data Remediation experience within Banking Industry is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of financial and risk reporting as well as experience from the business and/or technical area desired.
- Familiarity with regulatory and operational risk landscape facing global banks.
- Professional ability and presence to interact with Senior Bank, Compliance and Audit Management.
- Proven relationship management skills with ability to deepen relationships and build partnerships across the business, executive leadership and key functional support areas like Operational Risk Management, Communications, Legal, Compliance, Control, In-Business Risk and Independent Risk.
- Project management and governance experience with the proven ability to develop project plans and drive a diverse group of stakeholders to identify and achieve milestones within deadlines.
- Superior organizational skills, with proven ability to successfully manage multiple, concurrent priorities.
- Strong judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Self-motivated with a passion for establishing and maintaining a culture of control within the business.
- Demonstrated ability to influence a group of diverse stakeholders and drive accountability and ownership with key business partners and process owners.
- Detail oriented, with proven ability to question and identify opportunities within existing processes and business practices by leveraging previous experiences and knowledge of the business.
- Deep functional knowledge of the Credit Cards and/or Retail Banking industries and applicable rules, regulations, and processes.
- Pragmatic problem-solver, forward thinker with independence of thought.
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi ) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi .
View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement .
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.