Contract To HireLocation:
York, Pennsylvania MBS Solutions has the immediate need of experienced Welders on 1 st & 2 nd Shift in York, PA. INDUSTRY-
SteelManufacturer JOB TITLE -
Shop Welder PAY RATE -
$18-23+/hour DOE LOCATION:
York, PA 17402 SHIFT:
Both Shifts are Monday-Friday OVERTIME:
- 1 st Shift- 6AM-2:30PM
- 2 nd Shift- 2:30PM-10:30PM
Yes, employees will either come in earlier, example will come in earlier or stay later; Also Saturdays for 1 st and 2 nd when required. 3 MOST IMPORTANT THINGS CLIENT NEEDS THIS PERSON TO HAVE:
- Reliability, Detail oriented, willing to work OT.
- Motivated individual, Steady work history
- Person who has flux core welding experience, can read weld symbols and work instructions.
The welder will be using flux core arc welding on dual shield equipment to weld in a steel shop environment. A successful candidate should have a welding certification in D1.1 2G/3G or capability to obtain, and a willingness to learn. JOB DESCRIPTION/DUTIES:
- Reading and interpreting works to approved documentation such as assembly prints, blueprints, weld symbols, work instructions, etc.
- Welding structural steel parts as specified per drawings and marked up weld symbols
- Obtain and maintain the required welding certification(s).
- Safely operate overhead cranes, air arc, grinder and magnetic drill and any other required tools or equipment of the trade
- Load and adjust workpieces onto equipment or worktables, using necessary tools/ equipment.
- Setting up and operating welding equipment within the outlined specifications while being safety conscientious.
- Assure the structural components are welded correctly with visual inspection; Ability to maintain consistent weld patterns
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor including but not limited to, cleaning, trash scrap removal, and other production, shop, and department areas related jobs in shop with the mindset to adapt and learn if and or when needed.
- Communicate up and down the line to ensure quality and completeness; Providing feedback regarding problems and issues involved in projects or documentation.
- Adheres to company procedures and policies regarding personnel and quality issues; Assure work is completed in a safe manner while following all required safety policies.
- Maintain equipment and good housekeeping that does not compromise safety.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must have valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Prior Experience Operating Overhead Cranes
- Prior welding experience preferably 2-3 years
- Flux cored arc welding (FCAW), also known as dual shield welding experience; or Stick Welding.
- Must be able to understand geometric tolerances
- Able to tack, bolt, measure weld points
- Ability to pass 45-degree bevel a plus
- 1 2G/3G (gauges) Certification preferred; 2G (means horizontal welding); 3G (means vertically, up, and down across a surface)
- Ability to interpret fabrication and construction drawings.
- Must be flexible to work any schedule needed including overtime and Saturdays as needed
BENEFITS ONCE HIRED:
- Be able to frequently lift and/or move items up to 20lbs; Sometimes up to 50lbs, and occasionally with assistance up to 70lbs.
- Be able to stand, walk, lift, etc. to complete necessary jobs/ tasks will be on feet for duration of shift.
- Be able to perform specific tasks that involve bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, squatting, or kneeling, as needed.
- Work is performed within a Steel shop environment, subject to temperature variations, mechanical parts, and dust.
- Medical/Vision/ Dental Insurance
- Company Paid Short/Long Term Disability
Interested or qualified candidates should submit a resume and/or contact information for consideration.
- Company Paid Life Insurance